Samay Studio - Indian Wedding Photography, San Francisco Bay Area, California

Monday, July 13, 2009
  Shefali & Hitesh's Engagement Portraits
Catching up on some Spring & Summer sessions we've had...

I met up with Shefali & Hitesh after a bit of extra planning & coordination...I live in the Bay Area, but Shefali was in San Diego and Hitesh was in Chicago. So where to meet for portraits when everyone's in a different city? Los Angeles!

It was actually a lot of fun planning this session out. Shefali really wanted to do some interesting with modern architecture as well as mix in some traditionally romantic photos. So we settled on 3 great spots in LA & the Westside...the Disney Center in Downtown LA, the UCLA campus in Westwood, and the pier & beach in Santa Monica. So let's get onto the photos!

I just love, love, LOVE the Disney Center's architecture. The shapes are just so interesting and offer a lot of options for us. And when you get closer, this awesome exterior surface of the walls just draw your eyes in.


This is one of those little nooks that I love about the Disney Center. It's such a tiny spot and it's the type of thing I love to find.





For this next shot, Shefali & Hitesh look totally calm, but what doesn't show on their face is a bus hurtling at them at full speed :) I didn't know about this bus until after I took the shot since my back was towards it. Needless to say, we ran very quickly :)

And moving onto my alma mater, UCLA is always a fun place to do portraits. It's always so relaxing there on weekends and it really lends to a more fun & relaxing shoot. Plus there's so many spots for a lot of fun stuff. Here's just a few of the spots....



And who could complain about Santa Monica on a nice spring afternoon?!

Out of the entire shoot, I have to say, this is my favorite shot. It wasn't something I asked Shefali to do, but the look in her eyes is just so memorable for me.

And with that, I'm going to end this post. Shefali & Hitesh, thanks for a wonderful afternoon of portraits. I can't wait for your wedding next month!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



Keep up with the latest going on with the events we're covering as well as behind the scenes on running a small business.

Subscribe to this blog!

Subscribe to this blog!




Speaking of...
Weddings
Engagements
Portraits
Portfolio
Garba
Grah Shanti
Haldi
Life Session
Family
Enlargements
Gallery Wrap
Personal
The Biz



Recently...
Mayuri & Kunaal's Engagement Ceremony
Patel Family - San Francisco Portraits
Engagement Portrait Session with Kinjal & Alan
Bhumika & Bharat's Sign-in Book
Mayuri & Kunaal's Engagement Portraits
Bhumika & Bharat's Engagement Portraits
Pallavi & Neil's Reception
Pallavi & Neil's Wedding
Pallavi & Neil's Pre-Wedding Traditions
Pallavi & Neil's Garba



Archives